Sunday, December 28, 2008

Chanterelle & Spinach Souffle with Goat Cheese

I make all kinds of souffles, but they all come from one basic recipe by Alton Brown. In an episode of his show called "The Egg Files," Mr. Brown explains the mechanics of building a successful souffle, and then sends you on your way with his simple recipe for one made with sharp cheddar. On the show he is very detailed in his explanation, but you can find a written version of the recipe on the Food Network site by clicking HERE. Once you have mastered the cheese souffle, you can shake things up a bit. In this version I subbed creamy goat cheese for the sharp cheddar, and then folded in some chopped spinach and a sauteed chanterelle mushroom. 
Though this dish is simple to make, it is sure to impress the hell out of people. Get creative by trying out a few of your own combos. Let the old TCV know what ideas you came up with. I'd love to know. Go ahead, try it. Go on. You can do it. You'll see.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

it looks so tasty!

Bianca said...

I wish there was a way to veganize a souffle. I've never even eaten one.

Benito said...

That looks incredible and I'll have to try it out. If you ever want more detail on Alton Brown recipes, you can check out the Good Eats Fan Page where you can read entire transcripts of episodes--sometimes important to get that little bit of trivia about an artichoke or other ingredient. :)

Great blog, by the way--you come highly recommended as a fellow Memphis food blogger.

Chris said...

Wowowow! Once I persuade my Mom to get me a nice set of molds, I am definitely giving this a try. I'm imagining a generous portion of Gruyere or smoked Gouda in my souffle.

I'm loving this blog, keep it up! :)